Dell says 2014 was a year of growth for its India PC business
• Achieves 54.2% y-o-y growth(in unit shipments) and 6.6% y-o-y share gain of in Q4 CY2014 across segments
• #1 PC vendor in the Commercial segment with 25.6% in Q4 CY2014 and #1 in the Commercial Notebooks and Workstation categories
• The India CSB segment grew by 7.5% in 2014 from 2013, achieving the highest ever annual share gain
INDIA, March 23, 2015: Dell, India’s fastest growing Integrated IT Solutions provider, is the #1 PC vendor in the Commercial segment and #2 in the Consumer segment as per the IDC[ ] India PC Market Tracker for Q4 CY14.
With a 24.8% share across business segments, a y-o-y growth of 54.2% in the Indian PC market and a y-o-y share gain (unit shipment) of 6.6% in Q4 CY2014, Dell has consistently grown over the last four quarters. Strategic initiatives including a simplified product line up, renewed go-to-market (GTM) strategy, an intensified channel engagement program as well as deeper customer engagement over the past few quarters has resulted in this record y-o-y growth for Dell.
A sequential share growth over the last 9 quarters by Dell’s Consumer & Small Business segment (CSB) is testimony to Dell’s clear focus on enabling people everywhere to achieve their passions through technology. Over the last one year Dell has expanded its consumer presence across Tier 3-5 cities, through deeper online and offline consumer engagement and its rapid retail expansion, growing from 50 to 400 Dell Exclusive Stores in 20 months and channel presence in over 1000 cities across India.
• In 2014, Dell CSB achieved the highest annual share of 21.7% in the CSB segment across all brands.
• The Dell CSB segment saw its highest ever annual share gain in the India CSB segment, with a 7.5% increase in 2014 from 2013.
• The Consumer & Small Business (CSB) segment maintained the #2 position in Q4, CY2014 with a share of 23.9%.
• The Consumer segment also saw its highest ever annual share gain in 2014 with a 6.7% growth from 2013.
• The Consumer business maintained the #2 position in Q4CY2014 with 24.2% share in Q4CY14.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. P. Krishnakumar, Vice President, Consumer & Small Business, Dell India said, “The past eight quarters have witnessed the consumer and small business segment charting a remarkable growth trajectory as the result of our dedicated focus on being present across all market tiers. Our end to end efforts in the Indian market are aligned to the needs of our customers. This includes a robust retail expansion plan, a streamlined GTM strategy to make Dell easier to work with and marketing campaigns that spoke directly to the hearts of consumers. We complemented this with a versatile product portfolio and a dedicated service support system. We have also focused our energies on nurturing enduring relationships with our partners and distributors, who are the pillars that foster -and drive our presence in the market.”
Consistent focus on customer requirements and extensive channel partner engagement resulting in market intelligence has been driving the growth for Dell India’s commercial business. In the segment, the company has been concentrating on delivering versatile solutions to customers, to flexibly fit the needs of evolving enterprises.
• Dell secured the #1 position in the Commercial PC segment in Q4 CY2014 with a share of 25.6% and Q-o-Q and y-o-y share gain of 3.2% and 6.1% respectively.
• The Commercial business also achieved an annual market share of 22.6% in CY2014 and saw the maximum annual market share gain with 10.8% annual growth across 2014 from 2013.
• Dell India also achieved #1 position in Q4 CY2014 in the commercial notebooks segment with a 37% market share, witnessing 9.9% y-o-y share growth.
• In the Workstation category Dell India maintained the #1 position with a 43.4% share in Q4 CY14, seeing a 3.2% y-o-y share gain. Dell is also the market leader in this category for CY14 with a 44.9% market share (units).
Mr. Indrajit Belgundi, Director & General Manager, End User Computing, Dell India said, “It is encouraging to see the customer response we have witnessed over the last few quarters. Our commercial PC devices are designed to cater to the specific requirements of customers across market verticals. Sustained customer engagement has been at the core of our engagement with CIOs and ITDMs in the effort to better understand their requirements from technology solutions. Moving to a distribution led GTM strategy and associating with national distributors for delivery has equipped us with the on-field expertise of our partner network, enabling us to deliver the right solutions for our customers without lag. We see ourselves poised to sustain the momentum which has picked up over 2014, enabling more commercial customers with dynamic technology solutions.”
At the core, Dell remains focused on customers’ technology needs, both the consumer and commercial space. Dell’s objective to empower a knowledge economy such as India will see sustenance in terms of further expansion in Tier 3
– Tier 5 markets and in its mission to boost accessibility to technology, thereby enabling individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
The facts and figures in this release were not verified by Digital Creed.