Dell launches the smallest 13-inch laptop in the world
Dell launches the latest XPS 13, 13.3” display screen with InfinityEdge HDR 4K display, Dell Cinema, and GORE Thermal insulation
Mumbai, India, February 6, 2018 – When the late Steve Jobs pulled out an ultra-thin Macbook Air from a manila envelope, on stage in 2008 (exactly ten years ago), audiences gasped in disbelief. Apple defied the laws of physics and packed so much into a device that was a few millimeters thick, or should we say thin. Since then, other PC companies came out with their slim and light ultrabooks – HP (Spectre), Lenovo (Yoga), Dell (XPS/Inspiron), Acer (Spin) and even Microsoft (Surface). Exactly a month ago (January), Dell showed off its latest XPS 13 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas – and it evoked a similar response as the first MacBook Air. In fact, the latest Dell XPS 13 has been named CES 2018 Innovation Award Honouree. Dell products won 87 CES awards. Well, the good news is that Dell just launched the XPS 13 (and other models) in India. It is being positioned as the smallest 13-inch laptop in the world. We can see a lot of innovation packed into this device (we’ll come to the tech specs in a moment), a revolutionary thermal dissipation technology, new colours, and new materials used in the casing. The device is positioned at high networth individuals, corporate executives, the mobile workforce and those latching on to a digital lifestyle.
Commenting on the launch in India, Ray Wah, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer and Small Business Product Group, Dell said, “The XPS brand is legendary; it leads our ultrabook portfolio. From innovations in design philosophy using smarter materials to performance-driven sleek design construction, the new XPS 13 is an absolute delight! This machine is tailored for savouring an ultimate entertainment experience.”
Dell identifies an opportunity for thinner, lighter and more powerful mobile devices that both enthusiasts and professionals demand. Thriving on the philosophy of design-centric premium PCs, Dell’s complete thin and light portfolio is the consequence of leveraging this insight; and the XPS 13 will create a market opportunity appealing to the tech savvy, style conscious consumers, who do not want to compromise on performance.
“A Digital India and a growing community of digitized Indians, presents an attractive market opportunity for us as a global PC company. We have a clear vision to introduce a PC for every user. With the discerning demographic of entrepreneurs, CXO’s, mobile workforce and next-generation Indians, we see an exponential growth opportunity for our premium, thin & light portfolio. Our new range will redefine personal computing and give people experiences they want – and some they’ve never dreamt possible”, said P. Krishnakumar, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Consumer & Small Business, Dell India.
Further, to the complete availability of Dell’s thin and light series, with the introduction of Dell Cinema, now more than ever, people can watch video content on their PCs with the expectation of a full cinematic experience, including studio sound and visual quality. Through Dell Cinema, an immersive three-pronged multi-sensory cinematic experience that’s unforgettably real with rich colors, uninterrupted streaming and exceptional audio.
- CinemaColor: Powered by Windows HD Color, decodes and displays high dynamic range (HDR) streamed content with enhanced detail, more vivid hues, sharper brightness and a wider colour gamut; Netflix in HDR also is supported on Dell Cinema PCs
- CinemaSound: A Dell exclusive audio innovation powered by Waves MaxxAudio Pro that delivers clearer highs, enhanced bass and higher volume for a true cinematic audio experience
- CinemaStream: Powered by Killer and SmartByte, a software-based solution co-developed by Dell and Rivet Networks that optimizes online streaming and interactive video resulting in less buffering, more bandwidth and better resolution
Key features of XPS 13 (9370)
A 13.3” laptop featuring Ultra Sharp 4K Ultra HD infinity edge touch display with HDR, encased in brushed aluminum
- The XPS 13 delivers more performance with Dell Power Manager. The user-selectable modes provided by Dell Power Manager allow you to customize the power of the system. This solution, engineered by Dell, dynamically delivers the maximum amount of power from your processor, while intelligently monitoring and managing system temperatures. It only delivers the extra power when applications need it, conserving battery life.
- It’s also the first laptop built with GORE Thermal Insulation, which provides thermal conductivity levels lower than air in a thin, flexible format, keeping your laptop cool while it works hard. This insulation directs heat out of the device, lowering the temperature and enabling greater performance.
- Equipped with the latest Intel 8th Generation Quad Core™ CPUs and supports 16GB LPDDR3 RAM and 512 GB PCIe SSD
- Intel Ultra HD Graphic card 620
- Equipped with latest technology like USB Type-C 3.1 (Gen 1) with power delivery & display port support, password-free log-in with Windows Hello & IR camera
- Offers up to ~ 19 hrs, 46 minutes with FHD of battery life with a built-in of 52 Whr battery
- Available in rose gold and alpine white woven glass fiber palm rest to add a dash of vibrancy to your everyday work
- Also, available in platinum silver with black carbon fiber palm rest
- INR 94,790 for Core i5 processor with Full HD display
- INR 1,41,490 for Core i7 processor with Full HD display
- INR 1,59,790 Core i7 processor with Ultra HD display
- The XPS 13 will be available for purchase starting February 6, 2018 on dell.co.in/newxps13
- It will be available in in retail at Dell exclusive stores, Croma and Reliance Digital outlets from February 20, 2018
With inputs from a Dell Press Release.