- Enables Enterprises to Successfully Meet Modern SLAs
- Storage integration with HPE, NetApp and EMC – and now Nimble Storage – further extends Veeam’s presence in the enterprise
India: April 27, 2016: Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™, today announced that the company will expand existing storage integration to include Nimble Storage as part of the new Veeam Availability Suite™ version 9.5, to be released later this year.
The cost and consequences of downtime and lost data pose a significant challenge to meeting modern service level agreements (SLAs) for the Availability of applications and data. In addition to existing integrations with enterprise storage offerings from HPE, NetApp and EMC, Veeam will add integration with Nimble Storage in Veeam Availability Suite™ version 9.5, resulting in increased Availability and improved operational performance for all Nimble Storage users.
“Nimble Storage continues to execute its strategy of accelerating topline growth,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “Veeam and Nimble have a strong partnership that already demonstrates success, and further integration between the two technologies will enable our mutual partners and customers to experience more than just backup and storage. Veeam and Nimble Storage’s integration opens up the Availability conversation to a much wider ecosystem and I am excited at what we can achieve together.”
“Extending our partnership with Veeam provides cost-effective data protection for our rapidly expanding enterprise customer base. We are now enabling our joint partner ecosystem to sell a best-of-breed integrated solution for customers looking to deploy flash in their data centers and the cloud,” said Suresh Vasudevan, CEO, Nimble Storage. “The Nimble-Veeam integration expands the value of the Nimble Unified Flash Fabric, which enables replication from All-flash to Adaptive (hybrid) flash arrays at one-third the cost of backing up to competitive all-flash arrays. Nimble and Veeam solutions can not only coexist in modern data centers but simplify IT operations at a lower total cost of ownership.”
By further leveraging IT investments in modern storage, the new integrations with Nimble Storage will move enterprises beyond backup and into the new era of Availability, helping them to meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data. These include:
- Backup from Storage Snapshots: Lower the additional impact from backup activities on production storage by retrieving virtual machine (VM) data from Nimble Storage snapshots on primary storage or their replicated copies on secondary storage;
- Veeam Explorer™ for Storage Snapshots: Recover individual application items, guest files or entire VMs quickly and efficiently from periodic Nimble Storage snapshots and their replicated copies created by Veeam jobs or with the native scheduler;
- On-Demand Sandbox™ for Storage Snapshots: Use storage snapshots on primary and secondary storage systems to create complete isolated copies of production environment in just a few clicks, for fast and easy developing, testing and troubleshooting.
This new integration will be released with Veeam Availability Suite version 9.5 – coming later this year – with a set of features that will increase Availability and improve operational performance in both Veeam Backup & Replication™ and Veeam Backup Essentials™. Register for an upcoming VeeamLIVE episode to learn more.