Meridian Group International Expands with Meridian IT India
New company positioned to respond to growing business needs in Asia Pacific
Mumbai, India – February 4, 2016 – Meridian Group International, specializing in business technology solutions and equipment leasing, today announced further expansion of their organization in Asia Pacific with the incorporation of Meridian IT (India) Private Ltd in Mumbai, India.
With Meridian IT already established in both Australia and Singapore, the Group recognized India as the next logical step to accelerate growth in the Asia Pacific region. “India is one of the largest economies in the world and a leading technology center,” stated Ian Pye, Chairman, Meridian Group International. “Many of our current global customers have operations in India and now we are able to support them locally.”
Foray in India strongly reflects the importance of the Indian market in Meridian’s growth strategy. “Meridian IT India is well positioned to provide business solutions and global support to our worldwide client base,” highlighted Nick King, Chief Operating Officer, Meridian IT. “Deeper domestic coverage in the vibrant Indian economy will enhance Meridian’s capabilities to service our diverse customer base.”
Meridian IT announced that India is a very strategic market and the company expects to grow exponentially in the country over the next 3-5 years. Its growth strategy includes the following:
- Meridian IT’s top-10 customers across Europe and America have strong presence in India. The Indian subsidiary will service the local needs of these customers.
- Secondly, the company will target Indian companies with international presence as Meridian offers global systems integration and services capabilities.
- They will target SMEs which forms a large chunk of India’s economy.
- Initially, Meridian IT will focus on the BFSI and healthcare sectors as it has strong solutions practices in these sectors, globally. Once, they gain a foothold in these two sectors in India, they will cater to other verticals. The company has already formed partnerships with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) and major industry consultants in healthcare and BFSI sectors to work in India and collaborate with them in large projects.
- The company shared that recently it executed a large data center transformation project for a US-headquartered Fortune 500 financial services customer. The multi-million project was bagged by the Meridian US team and included transforming customer’s data centers across Asia Pacific including the one in India, which is the largest in the region. The Indian portion of the project was completed by Meridian IT India in December 2015.
Meridian IT India will further extend the reach of the Meridian IT Global Support Centre which supports, services and maintains clients’ worldwide infrastructure 24/7. Meridian engineers and knowledge experts in India will be available globally and locally to delight clients who will experience superior service and a reduced response time.
Meridian Group currently operates in three geographies, Europe, Asia-Pacific and America. Further, Meridian Leasing Corporation is one of the largest independent equipment lessors in the US. According to King, “Our clients benefit from having a single point-of-contact that can provide an exceptional blend of delivery, services and support, while saving time and driving business agendas forward.” Clients have access to a wide portfolio of solutions and services spanning Data Center, Unified Workspace, Cloud, and Security & Risk Management that can be uniquely tailored to fit any industry.
Krishnan Subramanian is appointed Country Head
Meridian IT also announced that industry-veteran Krishnan Subramanian has been appointed as Country Head, Sales of Meridian IT India.
With a sound understanding of emerging technologies, managed services and support, Krishnan will direct the sales and service activities for Meridian IT India. His excellent skills will ensure clients achieve new levels of operational excellence and efficiency through the use of innovative technology solutions. Further, clients will benefit from maintenance, maximized uptime and additional managed services through the Global Support Center.
Krishnan is a proven tech entrepreneur with 25 years of experience consistently driving strategic business initiatives and a track record of scaling successful companies in consumer internet and enterprise software space.
In a previous position, Krishnan effectively led a network integration company for 15 years and demonstrated a profitable bottom line and excellent customer satisfaction. His technology foundation started in 1988, when he completed Computer Engineering from BIT Mumbai.
About Meridian IT
Meridian IT is the flagship company of the $500 million Meridian Group, providing IT solutions and services across the globe. The Meridian Group also has a leasing arm that offers equipment financing and leasing to customers including buy back options and refurbished equipment.
Meridian IT has offices in 36 locations across three continents: US, Asia Pacific and Europe. It also has 4 global support centers (GSC). The company announced that the fifth one will be set-up in India to leverage the vast pool of skills available in India. The global center in India also fits well with the company’s approach of providing “Follow the Sun” 24/7 support to its customers.
Meridian IT has core competencies in four areas: cloud services, data centers solutions, unified communications and collaboration, and security and risk management.
It also provides end-to-end managed infrastructure services from its GSCs that include network management, managed security services, data center management, storage and server management, GRC services, etc.
—————————————————————————————————————————————–PRESS RELEASE + EDITOR’S NOTES