Evolution in messaging has compelled consumers to be App-centric and obviously this gets amplified with the e-commerce and startup trends going the ‘App-driven’ way. Every brand today rolls an app first and drives its marketing strategy to get consumers download the same. However, the question is how many Apps can a smart-user download ? Rather ‘How many Apps does a Smart phone user actually use’?
Well no doubt, the maximum amount of time a smartphone user spends is over ‘ chatting on a messaging platform’ or rather ‘Whatsapping’. This is also because of the growing need of interactive ways of Group Messaging and sharing data while communicating individually at one go. The world is mobile, faster and business agility is the key.
Here’s another aspect not to ignore:
- The smartphone world is expanding at a rapid pace. 1.08 billion Smartphone users already exist in the world from which 91.4 million are from the United States.
- 4 out of 5 consumers use smartphones to shop
- Over 75% of mobile device users respond to mobile-optimized sites when making purchases.
- 64% of smartphone owners are now using their mobile devices to shop online
Technology analyst believe that the next tech revolution will see an Enterprise using ‘Messaging platforms as the new operating system to interact with consumers in every way’. So, no need to go to multiple apps, now your messaging app becomes your one source destination to chat, shop, order food et al. But then the question is how will all these technologies be at one-stop. The answer to that is ‘Bots technology taking over Apps.
Bots are software programs that send and receive messages similar to human users and communicate across a variety of messaging channels. Chat bots reside on the server side and are easier and cheaper to develop and deploy than apps. Chat bots can be customized to build a wide variety of rich, intelligent and interactive services across industries like finance, e-commerce, Logistics, Travel et al. Developers can now build BOTs and program them to carry out automated actions and deliver unique experience to users, across multiple applications like shopping, ordering food, banking, trading and making business decisions.
Consumers are now shifting to smart messaging based platform where they can shop, book tickets, order food, pay their bills and also buy and sell goods using the same application. This is soon going to be a global trend as more and more tech firms are working on developing applications which will facilitate all their uses under the same app. The need however is to have the right technology infrastructure, the right technology and a mentor to guide the new-age developers to bring about this revolution.
Gupshup : leaders in Mobile marketing technology has won trust of over 550 brands and 27,000 businesses including 72 million users and 3 billion with its cloud based messaging platform..a case in itself! Beerud Sheth’s venture Webaroo’s product Gupshup offers developers the tools necessary to build highly scalable and innovative messaging platforms and bots with its exclusive ‘BOT Store’. Gupshup offers Smart messaging with Bots and can help developers assimilate the best of the two technologies in delivering business value.
- Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Gupshup is part of parent company Webaroo Inc., the leading enterprise messaging company was founded by Mr. Beerud Sheth, who is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor having also founded his earlier company Elance.
- Strategically funded by investors such as Charles River Ventures, Helion Venture Partners and Globespan Capital Partners, Gupshup strives to drive a new wave of technology revolution in Enterprise messaging
- GupShup’s smart messaging APIs have enabled it to grow at a CAGR of over 75% for the last 4 years and capture over 40% market share of the INR 1000 Cr A2P messaging market by creating easy to use A2P messaging APIs being used by several leading online properties, Social Media Brands and Enterprises such as FlipKart, OLA, Facebook, Twitter, ICICI, HDFC and ZeeTV for mobile engagement of Indian consumers. With over 4 billion messages per month and over 150 billion cumulative, Gupshup helps over 81 million users attain business value as they interact, engage and communicate using any mobile device. With more than 27,000 businesses Gupshup supports over 3.6 billion mobile interactions per month, being associated with 550 plus brands.
CONTRIBUTED NEWS ARTICLE